Six months ago I wrote an article regarding how to install and use SAP's Active X components using Delphi 6. Here is the sequel regarding Delphi 2006 and 2007.
The basic idea is still the same you only need to install SAP Logon Control version 1.1, SAP BABPI Control Version 1.2 and finally import the SAP Remote Function Call Controll (Version 5.0) type library.
To complete the task in Delphi 2006, use the following procedure:
- Start Delphi 2006 and create a new package using the menu File → New → Package for Delphi Win 32.
- Save the package and the project using a name like SAPControls
- From the Delphi main menu select Component → Import Component.
- Locate the SAP Logon Control as show in the following image and click next
- In the following Screen just type SAP at the pallete page name ... and press next
- On the next screen select Add unit to Package radio item. ... and click Finish
- Repeat the previous steps and install the SAP BAPI Control and the Remote function type library. Unlike Delphi 6 you should get no compiler error messages.
- When you are finished, right click on the SAPControls package on the project manager window and select Install from the pop up menu.
- That does it. Create a new project and use the components of the new SAP pallete Category as you please.
Don't worry if you misplaced your components in an other category. You can drug them into any category you wish afterwards.